Every day, we assist businesses and private individuals to secure and optimise their regular or extraordinary transactions, such as determining a tax strategy, support for audits and tax litigation, or assistance in formalities with tax authorities.
Where necessary, our tax specialists coordinate actions and rely on the expertise of the other Akilys teams, as well as on their foreign correspondents.
The expertise of Akilys teams covers all areas of tax law.
Their knowledge of the business, of clients and their specific requirements, forged through the transfer of skills and the support of tax doctrine teams, enables them to deliver a fine-tuned, pragmatic, and effective response to the problems encountered.
We are mainly active in the following fields:
- Handling recurrent tax issues in the field of corporate taxation (corporate income tax, tax consolidation, VAT, local taxes)
- Securing and optimising the tax impact of mergers and acquisitions, restructuring operations and corporate reorganisations
- Conducting preventive audits, acquisition audits or pre-disposal audits (vendor due diligence – VDD)
- Implementation of incentive schemes for managers and employees (stock options, business creator share warrants, free shares, management packages)
- Defining and securing the transfer pricing policy
- Supporting French corporate investments abroad and foreign investments in France
- Applying for specific tax arrangements and interpretations
- Income taxation
- Estate taxation
- Real estate taxation
- Transmissions & successions (national and international)
- Business succession planning, especially in a family context
- Compliance and reporting obligations (IR-ISF/IFI returns for French residents and non-residents alike)
- Relocations, expatriation, impatriation
We have also developed expertise in the prevention and settlement of pre-litigation and litigation disputes in corporate and personal taxation:
- Assistance with tax audits
- Negotiations and transactions with tax authorities
- Preparation and production of litigation claims
- Representation before administrative or judicial courts